Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fantastic News.....

This month I decided to finally grow a pair and talk to my dad about my whole...."situation". I had been postponing it in the fear that my father would murder Dimitri and use him as a cadaver for those wannabe Grey's Anatomy med school students. 

I met up with my father at the hospital cafeteria during his lunch break, and I was so nervous I thought I was going to puke. He was going to be so disappointed in me. What if he brought up my mom? I know she would be sad if she were still around and I didn't need to hear it from him too. 

After a few minutes of chit chat, I decided to slowly ease the conversation my way. "Hey dad...remember those pregnancy tests I got here for April Fool's day?" 

"Uh huh, what about them?" he asked never looking up from his salad, which was good for me so he couldn't see how close I was to throwing up all over the table.

"Uh...how...how accurate do you think they were?" I questioned trying to keep my tone light and curious.

He looked up and laughed. "Oh honey, those tests were way past expired. They were going to be thrown out, that's the only reason I let you take them. I wouldn't trust those for an accurate result. Why are you asking? Think you have a little bun in the oven?" He said the last part jokingly and with a wink. I felt as if a tremendous weight was lifted off of my shoulders. I wanted to cry, scream out with joy, but I knew I couldn't. Not yet. Not until I was 100% sure....aaaaaand far away from my father. :P 

I forced a laugh. "Nah just curious..a friend of mine wanted to use one of the extra ones I have, so I just wanted to be sure."

After I left, I rushed immediately to store, got a new test and got home ASAP. I waited for the test results and it felt like it was hours, though in reality it was only a few minutes. I nervously glanced at the results and started to tear up as soon as I realized what it said: negative. I shakily picked up the phone to call Dimitri at work. "Hey babe, I have some fantastic news to tell you.........."

4 comments:

  1. Sweet, now you can keep that fanastic figure for a few more years ;)

    Also I feel like being excited over being first comment. Like the good ol' days :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness gracious. Does this still mean you're getting married? o.O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy crap, hahaha. Jeez, I thought we were gonna have MORE greaser rugrats running around. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should post ;) just sayin....

    ReplyDelete